Fresh/ Experienced – Diploma/ Degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering.
This course will help the student to have in-depth understanding of structural behavior. This understanding will form a basis for analysis and design of building structures. It will encourage using information Technology in the design process.
Further more, the students will obtain the ability to choose and adapt calculation models and appropriate methods on basis of in-depth understanding of the physical behavior, properties and limitations of the models and with regard to the actual purpose of the calculations.
- Industry and industrial systems
- e.g. Refinery, Petrochemical, Chemical, Organic Pharmaceuticaletc.
- Basic structural requirement of the plants/projects,
- Role of Civil engineers in various fields .
Inputs from various departments and output.
Concept of Analysis and Loading Calculations.
- Steel StructureDesign
Detailed Analysis & design of:
- Pipe Racks andSleepers,
- Static equipmentfoundation design,
- Rotating equipmentfoundation (Block & frame type),
- Equipment SupportingStructures (Technological Structures),
- Plant Buildings suchas Compressor House, Control Building, Substation, Pump house, etc.
- Non-plant buildingssuch as Admin building, Warehouse, Workshop.
Selection of various steel.
Relevant Standards/Codes, their importance and applications.
General Civil Works
- Roads, Drains, Viz.:Contaminated rain water sewer & oily water sewer
- Paving Dyke wall, TankFarm Area, Boundary wall, Fence & gate, Local support & platforms, etc.
- Cooling Tower, FlareStack, Chimney
Computer Aided Analysis and Design (with concept of STAADsoftware)
Study of other department documents used for designing of plants
Preparation of Bill of Material at various stages
Site Visit will be arranged at industrial plant
- To give a synthesis of Structural Mechanics and Structural Engineering on basis of selected applications
- To exercise the knowledge gained in the parallel Courses in a context
- To widen the perspective on analysis and design of structural systems