Fresh/ Experienced, Diploma/ Degree Mechanical, Chemical and Production Engineers
Piping Engineering course is one-of-a-kind. This course is structured to raise the level of expertise in piping design and to improve the competitiveness in the global markets. This course provides various piping system designs, development skills and knowledge of current trends of plant layout. The students are given case studies to develop their professional approach
- Introduction to SIT including Rules and Regulations, Session on Personality Development.
- Introduction to Oil Gas Sector including their Plot Plan and various functions and need of engineers
- Introduction to EPC companies and their departments and interfaces and need of engineers
- Introduction to Welding and NDT
- Introduction to Engineering Drawing and Piping Drawing including Piping Component Drawing, Joints and Isometrics.
MODULE – 02 – PIPING COMPONENTS,INSTRUMENTS AND PIPE SUPPORTS.
- Understanding, Selection and Installation of Piping components for various services including Isometric Drawings
- Understanding, Selection and Installation of Valve for various services including Isometric Drawings
- Understanding, Selection and Installation of Special Part including Isometric Drawings
- Understanding and Installation of Instruments including Isometric Drawings
- Understanding, Selection and Marking of Pipe Supports
MODULE – 03 – CONVERTING P&ID IN TO PIPING LAYOUTS
- Understanding Process Equipment including their installation and Piping requirement.
- Understanding Utility Equipment including their installation and Piping Requirement.
MODULE – 04 – MATERIAL
- Understanding Metallurgy and its use in project including ASTM Standards
- Understanding Piping Components based on their material, Dimensional standards and selection criteria.
- PT Rating and Pipe thickness Calculations using ASME B 31.3
- Reinforcement Pad Calculations and Mitre Bend Calculations using ASME B 31.3
- Understanding Special Parts used in Piping for various Purposes including their selection Criteria
- Understanding and Preparation of Piping Material Specification in detail.
MODULE– 05 – PLOT PLAN DEVELOPMENT
- Understanding requirement of various units and relevant standards and development of Overall Plot Plan as it is as per the Industrial Projects using statutory requirement.
MODULE– 06 – PIPE RACK DESIGN
- Detailed Design of Pipe Rack including Understanding need of Pipe Rack, Placing Lines, Width & Height Calculations, development of Pipe Rack Layouts and Isometric Preparation.
MODULE – 07 – STORAGE TERMINAL / TANK FARM DESIGN
- Detailed Design of Storage terminal including Understanding need of Tank Farm, and development of Equipment and Piping Layouts, Support Design, Nozzle Orientation and construction Isometrics based on Green Field and Brown field Concept.
MODULE – 08 – DISTILLATION COLUMN PIPING SETUP DESIGN
- Detailed Design of Distillation Column Setup, which one of the most important and most widely used almost in all the processing industry for separation of Liquids, including conceptual study, Equipment and Piping Layouts, Support Design, Nozzle Orientation, Construction Isometrics and final MTO based on Green Field and Brown Field Concept.
MODULE – 09 – REACTOR SETUP DESIGN
- Detailed design of Reactor Setup which is most widely used in chemical, FMCG, Pharmaceutical for chemical reaction, including conceptual study, Equipment and Piping Layouts, Support Design, Nozzle Orientation, Construction Isometrics and final MTO based on Green Field and Brown Field Concept.
MODULE – 10 – STRESS / FLEXIBILITY ANALYSIS
- Understanding concept of Stress Analysis, various methods of releasing stress in piping system, support selection to minimise stresses in piping system including support span calculations and loop calculations.
- Flexibility Analysis using CAESAR-II
MODULE– 11 – PDMS : TRAINING / PRACTICE
MODULE– 12 – CAESAR : TRAINING / PRACTICE
- To identify the basic vocabulary and to introduce the major concepts of piping system design
- To provide & understand the basic piping requirements for design as per the international codes & standards
- To understand how to design cost effective new installation
- To understand how to create cost effective design in trouble shooting as well as while improving existing piping system.