Air Conditioning System Design (HVAC)
The design of the HVAC component is critical to achieve an efficient and effective environmental control system.
The design of the HVAC component is critical to achieve an efficient and effective environmental control system. The successful integration of building constraints, air movement conditions and equipment selection can positively impact system overall performance and decrease utility expenses and capital expenditures. To achieve the optimal design, one should needs good analytical skills and up-to-date technical knowledge of various system designs.
Fresh/ Experienced - Diploma /Degree in Mechanical / Production Engineers.
Basics of Thermodynamics:
- Study Basic Thermodynamic and types ofThermodynamic system
- Basic Laws ofThermodynamics
- Explanations on Units and conversionswith basic definitions
- Study and understand HEAT
- Study of various basic thermodynamicProcess
- Calculation for ventilation using ACPH.
- Fan sizing & Fan selection forventilation
- Types of ventilation
- Study of Natural and mechanicalventilation
- Study Kitchen exhaust
Study and Importance of Psychrometrics in HVAC
- Psychrometric Chart and its construction.
- Study of Different process onpsychrometrics such as sensible cooling , sensible heating etc. with examples.
- Adiabatic mixing of two airstreamsanalytical analysis of all processes
- Climate data
- Comfort outside and inside designconditions.
- Computation of Psychrometric propertiesusing Psychrometric Chart
- Computation of Psychrometric propertiesusing psychrometric chart as well as Software
Vapour Compression Cycle and related important terms in HVAC
- Study of Vapour Compression Cycle
- Explanation of P Ø chart
- Study of important terms like COP,IKW,EER,SER and other related terms.
- Study of Primary refrigrigerant andthetypes of refrigerant used and selection criteria.
- Study of Primary and secondaryrefrigerants
- Study of typical HVAC system cycle
Heat Load Calculation
- Solar & Transmissiongains
- Fresh air
- Fan gain etc.
- Summation of heat load and applyingvarious safety factors
- Study of normal comfort coolingapplication
- ERSH Calculation
- OASH, OALH Calculation
- DCFM Calculation
- ADP Selection
- Room cooling process on psychometri chart
- Preparation of air flow schematic
- Manual Duct Sizing with explanation ofdifferent duct sizing methods
- Use of ductulator
- Grille diffuser selection
- Noise criteria
- How to select the total nos. and size ofeach diffuser
- Rules for placement of diffusers.
- Study of Duct construction standardsSMACNA and DW, IS standards,
- Study of Fire dampers, Fire damperlocation NFPA90 A &B.
- Practising on duct layout
- AHU static pressure calculation
- Duct gauge selection
- Standard Installation Details for ductand insulation installations
- Duct Leak Testing Methods
Study of DX system
- Study of different type of Systemavailable in the market;
- Study of DX system window AC along withdifferent components;
- Window AC along with differentcomponents,Study of Split AC and AHU;Ductable, Casatte Unit, etc
Study of Chilled water system and piping sizing and layout.
- Study of water cooled chiller,costruction and working
- Study of Air cooled chillers,construction and working
- Understanding difference between watercooled & Air cooled chiller
- Selection criteria for chillers
- Calculation of chilled water flow
- Calculation of condenser waterflow
- Chilled water pipe sizing.
- Actual Pipe sizing, valve selection
- Study of real piping layouts, pump roomlayouts
- Study of piping standard installationdetails along with support and accessories selection
- Study of AHU manifold and theaccessories required
- Study of types of Fan
- Selection of fan
- Static calculation for fan
- Study of construction of cooling tower
- Study of working of colling tower
- Study of curcuit of condensor wateralong with cooling tower
- Study of selection criteria of coolingtower
- Study of various types of pumps
- Study of working and construction ofcentrifugal pump
- Classification of pumps
- Study of location of pumps
- Calculation of Head of pump andunderstanding NPSH
Study of VRV / VRF SYSTEM
- Study of VRC/VRF system;
- VRV/ VRF principle working & layoutselection;
- Refrigerant pipe circuit & pipesizing selection
HVAC Special application study
- Heat load calculation for specialapplications like, High Latent load, Once through system
- Distinguish between once through andrecirculation system
Designing of Pressurisation system
- Strair case and Lift well pressurization system.
Vapour Absorption Machine
- Working principle of VAM;
- Comparision between VCC and VAN.
Study of Special Equipments
- Working principle of Humidifier andDehumidifiers
- Study of construction& working ofequipments like Expansion tank, makeup tank, thermal storage tanks.
- Study and understand Brine chillers andits system.
- Study of use VAV box and its advantages/ Disadvantaged.
- Impact of use of VAV box on the system.
- Studying Tender document containing,Specification, BOQ etc
Electrical Engineering for HVAC & Revision
- Overview of Electrical for HVAC
- Typical Electrical connection for DX,Chilled water, VRV system.
Various Thermal & accoustic Insulation.
- Types of Thermal& accosticinsulation available
- Thermal & Accoutice insulationselection for HVAC;
Introduction to Green Buildings
- Study of IGBC different green buildingcertification programme
- Basic requirement of green building
- Green building application specific toHVAC
- Green building rating and pointingsystem
- Hard copy of a project with Heat loadcalculation, Room summar sheet, system selection, equipment selection
- RCP layout for ducting and pipinglayout, plant room layout (only for chilled water system),BOQ
- To provide clear understanding of the key aspects of system
- To provide practical & effective methods and guidelines to assist cost effective new installations of high technical integrity as well as trouble shooting & improving existing system
HVAC engineers can find employment opportunities in various sectors, including:
HVAC equipment manufacturers: Companies that manufacture heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment often hire HVAC engineers for product development and testing.
Engineering consulting firms: These firms provide engineering services to clients and often have HVAC engineering departments.
Construction companies: HVAC engineers are needed for the design and installation of HVAC systems in residential, commercial, and industrial construction projects.
Facility management companies: These companies manage and maintain HVAC systems in large buildings or facilities.
Government agencies: Government departments responsible for infrastructure development and maintenance may hire HVAC engineers.
Energy management companies: Companies focused on energy efficiency and sustainable building practices often employ HVAC engineers.
I feel very gratified that I am part of SIT. The overall experience was very remarkable we were given in-depth knowledge of the subject as well we were thought interpersonal skills. The teachers of the institute are highly skilled and are extremely helpful and always ready to assist you with your doubts. As the world is facing COVID 19 pandemic, the institute didn't pause our training however the whole training was launched online and was as good as the classroom program.
The one thing that inspired me and make SIT distinct from other institutes is their regular Assignment and Tests which keeps students well on track of the subject. If someone is thinking to pursue PGD in Piping Engineering from Suvidhya Institute of Technology I would highly recommend providing he/she must be eager to study the subject. I would like to thanks all faculty of SIT especially Mr.Vasant Mestry Sir for his immense efforts and making us ready for our future endeavours.